Bowery Mural

Strangers in the night

Thursday 18 March 2010

Hello!  It's been a while.  Now let me see... what's happened?...


Well my birthday came and went without much fuss.  In fact with a little less fuss than i'd have liked and I spent it wandering around Glasgow shopping (birthday money), then home at night.  My two gorgeous little nephews got  my lovely silver earrings and they are just what i needed.  Linda got me the Glee soundtrack (yay!!) and a chocolate orange (not just for Christmas!).  It was lovely.  And I got a book about Nepal and a nepalese pendant from Roofus down in Laandaan taahn.  Me and Linda went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D at the Vue last Tuesday, but before that we had a nice tasty dinner at Frankie & Benny's which is next door to the cinema.  It was my first 3D movie and felt a bit weird at the start.  Wasn't sure whether or not i'd be able to keep my own glasses on but the 3D ones fitted nicely over them.  It was a good movie, well as far as a childrens fairytale's go.  But there was a trailer for a 3D Toy Story movie.  it looks ace and is about when the children grow up and take the toys to a sort of rest-home for old toys.  There were lots of retro toys including the Fisher Price Telephone that we all had i;m sure.  It looks good.  So another year added on to my ever increasing age category.  Boohoo...


I have finally joined The Peak gym and went for my induction and a 1 to 1 consultation with Jamie (spin bike Jamie).  He was very lovely and has made me up a good programme that - wait for this news! - so far has allowed me to run without any pain.  I know, it's great eh!  I'm not pushing it further than i need to just now but so far it's looking good.  The gym is very hi-tech too.  There's little tv screens on each machine and you get a pen drive that holds all your programme details on the system and logs your workouts.  It's going to be good I think.  Spin bikes is great as ever.  I never thought i'd like it as much as i do.  anyone else out there who does spin bikes, give me some suggestions for good songs to spin bike too?  we're being asked in class.  


My sister returns to work tomorrow after 6 months maternity leave.  It'll be hard leaving the two boys  but i'm sure she'll do fine.  And it's a Friday so she hasn't got ling to wait for the weekend off.  Connor is growing at some rate.  He and Ryan are turning into a right little double act.  He's not scared of Ryan's constant jumping around, squeeling and laughing.  In fact in quite the opposite his eyes light up his legs go and he tries to follow Ryan around the room.  Ryan's always going in for kisses from is little brother and i know he look after him as he grows.


(I have a really cute picture to insert here once i figure out how to get it from the iPhone to the 'puter).


I continue to be surprised and amazed by the internet, a few people, my family friends and myself.  I like it.  


So who's been watching the Sport Relief programmes?  Eddie Izzard's amazing marathons, Up th eCreek with Fred MacAuley and dougie Vipond and tonight's £1m bike ride.  I feel like i should be doing something but i've left it too late.  Never mind the next few months are going to bring me adventures - i'm sure of it because...  


Finally...  Drum roll please...drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....ta-da!!  I'm picking up the long awaited bike on Saturday!!!!  I cannot wait.  I got a phone call from Neil at Freeflow Bikes last Friday to explain the delays.  He too has been frustrated at the wait, then he gave me the good news call on Monday.  Only 2 of these bikes are in the country (i think) and one has my name on it!!!  Finally!  It's such a sweet bike though it's kinda been worth the wait.  So on Saturday this little beauty will be mine, all mine.  The Cube WLS Access SL.







Next week will be an exciting week for a few different reasons.  I'll keep you posted.


Ange xx

1 comment:

  1. Aww Happy Birthday! I went to see Alice in Wonderland and loved it, although I am a bit of a geek. Toy Story 3 will be a blast!

    I hope the bike finally arrives!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x