Bowery Mural

"You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

Thursday 13 October 2011

Robbie Williams once sang about No Regrets. I'm sure we'd all love to not have any. Do you really have no regrets about anything?

I have no regrets about what I have done, rather some regrets about things i haven't done. And I'm not going to have them any more. I've decided. If there is something that needs to be said, I will say it. If there is something that i want to do, i'll be doing it. No longer will i shy away from taking the bull by the horns (so to speak).

You won't have failed to notice the sad passing of Steve Jobs last week - unless you've been living in a bunker for that duration! I watched his Stanford Commencement Address speech the other night and it was ace. I've read loads of quotes that various people were posting on Twitter and Facebook. Stuff that he's said about Apple. Stuff on business. Stuff on his early years. But the stuff i remember are the ones where he talks about life (maybe it wasn't about life but work with me here). There are a load of great snippets in that speech but in particular, these two things really struck a chord with me.

"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart".

"A lot of times people don't know what you want until you show it to them"

Now that latter one he was talking about an Apple product but i think it rings true in life too. Sometimes you've got to show people 'something' for them to know that they want it.

The first quote is blooming awesome. For years I've never really said what i thought to people for fear of what they might think, good or bad. Recently i've read a lot of wise words from sayings, quotes, or from people who really believe in things and I've decided that this will be my new way of working too.

Perhaps it's all to do with that confidence / fear scenario of a few posts ago? All I know is I don't want to be trapped inside my own head anymore. I'm saying stuff. It may even be to you. No regrets. And remember...

"You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

Angela x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x