Bowery Mural

How Brave are you?

Thursday 23 February 2012

Brave is the new Disney Pixar movie due to be released in Summer 2012. It's a story about Princess Merida, and mostly based in Scotland (?). Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse. She has long flowing ginger curls and a spirit that sees her through. I saw the trailer for the first time when i went to see The Muppets. It looks ace and the voices are Billy Connolly, Robbie Coltrane and a host of others.

Anyway, I saw some stills released on the Disney Pixar Twitter feed this week and I nearly fell about laughing when i saw these two little curly red headed characters sitting at a table. I immediately thought of my two goregous nephews, both fiery little redheads. Their red hair is legendary in our village. Thankfully Ryan (5) hasn't come up against any name calling or the likes at school. Hopefully he won't but you know what school kids are like sometimes. Heck, even on Twitter you often see folk making 'jokes' about gingers. I've never understood why? easy targets?

The Brit awards took place on Tuesday evening this week too. I happen to notice (in conjunction with finding the BRave trailer) that red heads appear to be in fashion just now. Ed Sheeran, Lana Del Ray, Adele (even though she's gone a bit blonder now!). I like it. For years red heads have often been the butt of jokes. I don't know why. My two nephews are ace and gorgeous and hopefully with the release of Brave and this band of ...well... brave characters, kids will not name call or taunt.

Anyway, for your pleasure. Here's the trailer. Enjoy.

 Angela x

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x