Bowery Mural

NOTD: Essie Tour De Finance

Tuesday 12 June 2012



This past weekend's nails took a turn towards the seaside. Well, not the actual seaside but like a stick of rock you'd buy from a seafront souvenir stall. Lovely bright fuchsia hot pink with a shot of tiny blue/purple toned shimmer. i know, that's some description hey. You can sort of see what I mean in the photos.

slight purple blue shimmer shot through hot pink
This, my friends, is the luscious Tour De Finance from Essie. Fast becoming a favourite nail polish brand. This is from the Essie Spring collection launched a few months back and is still available. I was immediately drawn to the pop of pink. But when it arrived i loved that fact that it had that shot of purple blue shimmer in it. It gives a real depth. I bought this from my favourite eBay shop so it doesn't come with the new wider brush that the current collection in Boots has. I do love a wide brush. In saying that, applying this slowly with the thinner brush was fine for me. I'm getting better at nail polish application.

The formula is good on these polishes. Not too thick or too runny either. As always I use 2 coats because i can't be bothered waiting on a third coat to dry. But if you want that perfect opaque then three coats is your friend. I don't talk away wear either as I get so impatient that i swap colours every few days. What can i say i like to change it up a bit.

close up using macro lens on iPhone 4S

This is a colour that make me smile when I look at it. Perfect for the summer months and sure to give any outfit a lift. I prefer these hot pinks to corals. They suit my paler skin tone better. But, I think i may have found a perfect coral pink shade too. More on that in another post...

For now, Essie Tour De Finance. Great colour. Good application. 

For info, all photos in this post were taken using the iOS camera app on my iPhone 4S. Close ups were taken using my macro lens. Pretty good.

Angela x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x