Bowery Mural

Graphic Tees

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Lately i've been all about the graphic t-shirts. Well, not so much graphics as t-shirts with words or designs on them. My wardrobe is pretty much one style. I love coloured trousers and jeans, I always seem to be wearing some sort of red flavoured jean, but my tops are pretty much basic white or black t-shirts with the odd shirt or long sleeved tee thrown in for good measure. At work i also wear a variety of knitted jumper (in the winter).

I saw a few Wildfox tops on ASOS during the summer and wanted one of those 'famous' heart printed ones but when i saw it in real life in Harvey Nichols I wasn't so impressed with the fabric or quality. Especially not for around £99!

Whilst browsing Harvey Nichols one day I stumbled across the Zoe Karssen display. It was all simple white, black and a gorgeous faded electric blue. There were t-shirts and sweatshirts with different slogans or designs but they weren't gaudy. The were simple. I wanted one immediately. Once again the price tag put me off and i pushed them to that part of my brain that says "Ange, you'd love this top but not at that price"...

A few weeks later I got an email from The Outnet and they had Zoe Karssen! I browsed and luckily managed to find one of the lovely faded blue t-shirts at almost half the price. Yippee. I ordered it and it arrived promptly and it was just as lovely in real life. It is long enough to 'cover yer back' (as my mum says), the material is a soft cotton that drapes nicely and the neckline is low round cut but not too low that I'm still comfortable wearing it (this is important, i hate a too low neckline). I'd say it's slim fitting but still loose (I got the XSmall). The slogan on the front is actually printed on the inside so that it appears more faded on the outside. There was another one i had my eye on and lo-and-behold Santa duly delivered. Well done Santa (sister!).

In the meantime I also bought the over popular Topshop Geek t-shirt as well as a white t-shirt with two birds on it, also from Topshop. The Geek top is thicker normal tee cotton and the S/M size is really quite massive and boxy on me so it's a slob about tee. But the white one is a bit more flattering. I like them both though.


I really like the Zoe Karssen pieces and have vowed that my next purchase is one of the sweatshirts. But only at a discount price. Gotta save the pennies and i don't really care if it's so last season.

Angela x

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x