Bowery Mural

Fitness Friday #1 - Strength and Grit

Friday 3 May 2013

For the past 2-3 months I've been incorporating ShockFit into my weekly fitness routine, along with my usual 4 spin bike classes. If you missed the previous post on the explanation of what ShockFit is, it's basically a set of different classes that are of the short, sharp, intense nature. There are different classes focusing on different parts, so for example, there are kettle bells classes, TRX suspension classes, core classes and a general ShockFit class incorporating all of the above. My favourite is the kettle bells.

Since starting these classes in February I've really noticed a difference in my body from the few months that I've been attending. My weight hasn't really dropped a huge amount but i can get into smaller clothes - result! My arms are more toned and sculpted. My quads are fierce and I'm getting that nice muscle definition on the front of my thighs. My bum could be a little tighter admittedly and my tummy has always been relatively flat so it doesn't take much to keep that in check. I'm pleased with these results so far.

In a few weeks time the ShockFit classes will be added to the main timetable at The Peak meaning that you can have them as an add on to your main membership. Nice one. Although edging towards £60 per month!!

As well as the ShockFit, there'll be Les Mills Grit series classes too. Cardio and Strength. I've signed up for a Grit strength taster class to find out what it's all about. But in general i think they're almost the same format as the ShockFit classes. I'm excited to try them out and then get into it proper good. Upper body strength has always been my weakness. Not any more!



Angela x

.


2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of ShockFit before but it sounds ace. I love kettlebells! I'm not very fit though. I tried a CrossFit class a couple of weeks ago and was in agony for four days afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get used to it. I am in agony mostly afterwards but it's that good agony that makes you feel like you've done some good. I was at a class last night with just me and the instructor, so you could say personal training for £3! bargain.

      Delete

Thank you for reading. Leave a comment! I read them all x